Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
A nonrefundable application fee of $150.00 is due at the time the application is submitted in order for the student to be considered for the program.
Once accepted, a non-refundable provisional enrollment processing fee of $250.00 is due within 14 days of the acceptance letter to reserve your seat in class.
Suggested First Term Classes / Tuition
- 1110 - Anatomy & Physiology - $975
- 1200 - Medical Terminology - $800
- 1300 - Pathophysiology - $800
- 1910 - Intro to Midwifery and Healthcare / Skills I - $1395
- Tuition for the term is determined by the classes that a student enrolls in.
- Estimated Total Tuition ~$19,855. This includes AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers, Neonatal Resuscitation, Bloodborne Pathogens, and HIPAA & Privacy Practices certifications.
Tuition is calculated based on the classes a student is registered for. Tuition for the term is due in full one week prior to the start date of class for returning students. New students will register and pay for classes at orientation.
Midwife Training Center offers a payment plan for the student’s convenience. For students who choose a payment plan, there is a $50 fee for a payment plan. T
he initial payment for the term is due one week prior to class start date. . :
- New students must make an initial payment of $1395 due at Orientation. The remaining tuition for that term may be divided into two monthly payments that are due on the first of the month for the subsequent months.
- Returning students may divide that terms tuition into two or three equal payments. The first payment is due one week prior to the start of class. Subsequent payments are due on the first of the month for the subsequent months.
Required Textbooks (estimated cost): $1,085.78 (less if you purchase ebooks)
Supplies (estimated cost): $275 - $500
- Scrubs – 2 sets
- Stethoscope & Sphygmomanometer
- Birth shoes
- Waterproof watch capable of displaying seconds
- Notebook, BLACK pens only
NARM Fees (estimated cost): varies
Midwifery Jurisprudence Exam as of August 2023: ~$34
Texas State Licensing Fee as of Augsut 2023: ~$275
State Required Criminal History Fee as of June 2020: ~$25
Help support your school by purchasing your supplies through this Amazon link. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Here is a list of suggested equipment appropriate for midwifery students. We will periodically update this list as we find more items that will be helpful for you as midwifery students.
- Late tuition: After three (3) days $50.00, an additional $10.00 per day thereafter;
- Non-sufficient funds: $25.00;
- Convenience fee: 3% if paying by credit card
- Make-up hours: No charge if attending the scheduled make-up day. $25.00 per hour if special arrangements must be made.
- Re-take fee for failed exams: $50.00 per hour if attending the scheduled make-up day; $100.00 if special arrangements must be made;
- Re-grading unsatisfactory assignment: $50.00;
- Return to matriculating status following a leave of absence: $250.00 plus $100.00/semester of leave;
- Transcript: $25.00
- Failed class - student must retake the class and pay all associated fees for that class.
The cost of living in Austin varies based on desired location. Students spend an average of $1500 - $3,500 a month, including rent, and housing is readily available. We recommend that students looking for roommates contact the school for help in locating a roommate. We will help students interested in sharing accommodations to get in touch with each other.
- Students who are on-call need to have a working cell phone as well as reliable transportation, the cost of which is borne by the student.
- Students will need to purchase equipment and supplies for births and clinic based on their preceptor requirements.
- Each student must have reliable transportation during clinic hours; therefor finances for general car maintenance and insurance need to be considered.
- It is recommended, but not required, that students have a laptop or iPad for use during class.