Tuition and Fees
A nonrefundable application fee of $100.00 is due at the time the application is submitted in order for the student to be considered for the program.
Once accepted, a non-refundable provisional enrollment processing fee of $200.00 is due within 14 days of the acceptance letter to reserve your seat in class.
First Semester Classes
- 1110 - Anatomy & Physiology - $988
- 1200 - Medical Terminology - $247
- 1300 - Pathophysiology - $247
- 1910 - Intro to Midwifery and Healthcare / Skills I - $1395*
- $19/hour - * 1910 and 4911 have special pricing
- Estimated Total Tuition (excluding pre-requisite classes) ~$13,391.
Tuition is calculated on a per semester basis, based on the classes the student is registering for. Tuition for the semester is due in full on the first day of the month prior to the start date of class.
BBMTC offers a payment plan for the student’s convenience. All payments are due on the first of the month. For students who choose a payment plan:
- Pre-requisite Semester: An initial payment of $1,395 is due on the first day of the month prior to the start date of class; the remaining tuition for that semester is divided into two monthly payments.
- Subsequent semesters: Tuition for that semester is divided into three equal monthly payments, due on the first day of the month prior to the start date of class.
Required Textbooks (estimated cost): $1,085.78 (less if you purchase ebooks)
Supplies (estimated cost): $275 - $500
- Scrubs – 2 sets
- Stethoscope & Sphygmomanometer
- Birth shoes
- Waterproof watch capable of displaying seconds
- Notebook, BLACK pens only
NARM Fees (estimated cost): varies
Midwifery Jurisprudence Exam as of June 2020: ~$34
Texas State Licensing Fee as of June 2020: ~$275
State Required Criminal History Fee as of June 2020: ~$25
- Late tuition: After three (3) days $50.00, an additional $10.00 per day thereafter;
- Non-sufficient funds: $25.00;
- Convenience fee: 3% if paying by credit card
- Make-up hours: $25.00 per hour if attending the scheduled make-up day; $50.00 per hour if special arrangements must be made.
- Re-take failed exams: $50.00 if attending the scheduled make-up day; $100.00 per hour if special arrangements must be made;
- Re-grading unsatisfactory assignment: $50.00;
- Return to matriculating status following a leave of absence: $250.00 plus $100.00/semester of leave;
- Transcript: $25.00
- Accelerated Learning: varies
- Failed class - student must retake the class and pay all associated fees for that class.
The cost of living in Austin is inexpensive in comparison to other cities. Students spend an average of $600 - $1,000 a month, including rent, and housing is readily available. We recommend that students looking for roommates contact the school for help in locating a roommate. We will help students interested in sharing accommodations to get in touch with each other.
- Students who are on-call need to have a working cell phone as well as reliable transportation, the cost of which is borne by the student.
- All midwifery and emergency equipment is provided at the birth center. Students do not need to purchase equipment and supplies for births and clinic.
- Each student must have reliable transportation during clinic hours; therefor finances for general car maintenance and insurance need to be considered.
- It is recommended, but not required, that students have a laptop or iPad for use during class.